Sunday, October 16, 2011

The FLAT Out Truth

Some ladies may not be willing to admit that as much as they love flats, the truth is, when they make their feet sweat, everything attractive about them goes out the window, including the money that they paid for them when they decide to throw them in the garbage. I am a victim of this myself and I am not fond of those little socks that they sell for flat shoes.

Now I am a person who loves fashion but does not like to spend a whole lot of money on it, unless it is a piece I will want forever and know that I will not get tired of it. Flats were one of those things that I thought were all the same and it didn't matter if I bought cheap or expensive. But it turns out that this is not one of those scenarios where generic is up to par with name brand. However, you still have to dig a little deeper.

I came across my finding by mistake with a little back and forth in my mind because trust me, I didn't say "hey maybe I should just try an expensive pair of flats with better quality". Here is my story:

I have been wanting some pewter colored flats (totally in right now-go with almost everything-right up there with a pair of leopard print flats) and I was already out with my sis-in-law shopping, however we were at our last store when I remembered that I wanted to buy them and we were dead tired (shop until you drop times 10). So I find a pair of Simply Vera pewter flats at the store where we were, and they were on sale for $40. Now for some this price may be like ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! but for me it was like uh uh! But I tried them on and they felt pretty good and I love Simply Vera so I was like why not. However, in the back of my mind I'm like $40 yikes! and I internally cried all the way home. The next day I even searched some other stores and found some pewter flats for half the price so of course I was all over it. However, when I tried them on they were kind of uncomfortable. So I just decided to keep my Veras and to my surprise, the suede like fabric that lines the inside of the shoes kept my feet completely dry. Ultimately I was ecstatic to find that it wasn't my feet that were the problem but the types of shoes that I was wearing.


So next time you want to purchase some flats, splurge a little to get that quality lining and comfort, and if you already do, why didn't you tell me that the sweat came from generics and not from genetics???

2 comments: