Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Charge it to the "Given" Game

I know that branching out and purchasing items of clothing that you typically would not wear is easier said than done. However, I have discovered a way to do this without risking your own budget.

We love and receive the famous gift card every so often for holidays, birthdays, and achievement rewards. As soon as we get a gift card, we want to run out and see what we can buy. Well there is absolutely nothing wrong with this, I do the same, however, I may have a slightly different goal in mind.

If you receive a gift card and at that moment you already have something in mind that you have been wanting to buy for centuries, by all means, please ignore the next piece of information that I am going to share with you.

When I receive gift cards for a clothing store, I immediately head to the clearance section. I'm the kind of gal that likes to get more for her money or in this case someone else's money. If I walk out of a store having spent the whole balance of my gift card and some change on one shirt, I won't feel good about it unless it's a shirt that I have been wanting or an item that just called my name as soon as I saw it and just had to have it. So I fish out pieces of clothing that are my size in the clearance section, walk out with maybe five pieces as opposed to one and boom, I'm setting trends with my new funky pieces that someone else overlooked which is probably why they are on the clearance rack. I'm also channeling my creativity because I'm focusing on how to wear these wonderful little treasures. And guess what! I didint bust my own budget for my creative time, I simply charged it to the "given" game!

A couple of tips to keep in mind when charging it to the "given" game a la clearance:

1. There may be some clearance items that you absolutely will not go for. Don't be afraid to leave some money on your gift card for next time.

2.Always check clearance items for defects, they may be the reason these items are on that rack, but this is not always the case.

3.Socks, tights and basic tank tops are another route you can go with your gift cards, you can never have to many. Then you can spend YOUR money on more exciting items of clothing.

So go ahead ladies, charge your creative little hearts away guilt and interest free!

No comments:

Post a Comment